Tombak, Germany 1946 Steinhauer-Ludenscheid, 53mm x 53mm
Out of stock
The badge in the form of a cross, from blue-yellow pennants, on the obverse on the arms of the cross are the gilded initials of the Podhalański Highland Battalion (Batalion Strzelców Podhalańskich) (BSP) placed on horizontal arms and a vertical lower arm. A white edelweiss flower imposed in the middle of the cross. The reverse of the badge is smooth, in the middle a threaded post with a round spinner.
Badge made in the German company Steinhauer – Ludenscheid, in this version of the badge, the edelweiss flower was made of aluminum and was glued to the badge. Excellent condition with full original varnish paint. Near perfect condition.
The battalion came from the Independent Highlanders’ Brigade (Samodzielna Brygada Strzelców Podhalańskich). The Podhalański Highland Battalion was part of the 1st Polish Armoured Division of General Maczek and took part in fights in France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.