11 cm X 6,6 cm
4,3 X 25,9 inches
1 in stock
A post-WW2 (1946-48) photograph of thwo Polish Soldiers from the 2nd Polish Corps of General Anders. On the left a soldier of the 15th Poznań Lancers Regiment, the soldier on the right in a school tunic of the “Szkoła Podchorążych Kawalerii Pancernej im. Władysława Andersa, w Gallipoli ” in English “NCO School of Armoured Cavalery in the name of Władysław Anders in Gallipoli”. The badge of the school is seen of the breast pocket of the soldier on the right, one of the rarest badges of the 2nd Polish Corps, almost never seen on pictures.
The soldier on the right is possibly Jan Magdziak ps “Iwański”. Member of the Home Army, veteran of the Warsaw Uprising, fought in the Kiliński battalion, 4th Company “Watra” Platoon 171. After liberation transfered to the 2nd Polish Corps. More info on the Warsaw Uprising website :