WW2 Polish Eagle Cap Badge – S.E.TietzJune 20, 2019
WW2 Polish Cigarette Case of the 2nd Polish CorpsJune 20, 2019
WW2 Polish Air Force Mechanic Group
Out of stock
A set of documents, photographs and medals to PAF Mechanic Warrant Officer Józef Dzienniak.
The group includes:
- Nine photographs from WW2 Period
- Correspondence regarding the 1939-45 Star and the Defence Medal including the permission to accept British Medal issued by the Polish Communist Authorities.
- The French Volunteer Cross Legitimation Card
- Other Polish/British documents regarding the wartime service.
- Defence Medal & 1939-45 Star (Added)
Served with Polish Air Force since 3.1.1919. Appointed regular non-commissioned officer 1.3.1921. Took part in campaign in Poland 1.9.1939-17.9.1939. On breakdown of campaign proceeded to France where rejoined Polish Air Force under French Command 13.11.1939. Evacuated from France arrived in United Kingdom at Polish Air Force depot 16.7.1940. Accepted for service with Polish Air Force under British command in rank Warrant Officer 5.8.1940. Joined Polish Resettlement Corps/RAF 21.2.1947. Served as Fitter 2(a) with No.6 Navigation School and No.30 Maintenance Uni in United Kingdom and finally discharged. Returned to Poland after the War.