34mm x 21mm, White Metal, Middle East, circa 1940-45
Polish collar badge of Carpathian lancers, two palm trees set on a crescent moon, smooth reverse with a pair of loops and a brass pin. A rare badge worn during the war.34mm x 21mm, White Metal, Middle East, circa 1940-45
The Carpathian Lancers Regiment was established in 1940 as part of the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade. He took part in the Siege of Tobruk. The unit was later incorporated into the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division, 2nd Polish Corps of General Ander. The regiment took part in the Italian campaign, including the capture of Monte Cassino.