WW2 Polish Armored Forces Insignia – Ludenscheid GermanyMay 25, 2019
WW2 Rare Polish Guard Company Patch 4038th Labor Service Signal Construction CompanyMay 25, 2019
WW2 Polish Badge of 8th Rifle Battalion
37mm x 38mm, brass, silver plated, lacquered. Germany, 1946
Polish Badge of the 8th Rifle Battalion “Brabandzki”, which was part of the 1st Armored Division of General Maczek.
One-piece badge struck in brass, silvered and varnished, made in a company in occupied Germany in 1946.
A badge in the shape of a cross, the arms of which have been varnished in navy blue. On the three arms of the cross in the middle, there is the number 8 (unit number). The crowned eagle inscribed in the center is placed on a red background surrounded by a wreath of green thistle leaves. Reverse without a visible corner, in the middle a fastening post, on the upper arm there is a visible inscription “Niemcy”, on the left and right arm the date “1946”. Badge numbered 1121. Round and smooth cap made of zinc, characteristic of badges made in occupied Germany.
This version of the badge is described under number 53 according to Tony Leszczuk’s & Krzysztof Barbarski book “The Polish Army in The West 1939-1947”