F.M Lorioli Fratelli, Italy, 1945-1946, Later mounting.
Polish 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division Badge mounted on a Car Badge Plate. Used in such a way most likely by a veteran of the unit.
The car badge plate made by J.R Gaunt of London, The background in Red and Green colour with a white stripe, most likely a reference to the colour of artillery units in the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division.
The badge of one-piece construction. Badge depicted in the form of a cavalry stirrup with a tank inscribed at the bottom. In the upper part of the stirrup, next to the bail, there is the number (2).
The reverse of the badge is smooth without a slight counter, a threaded post in the center. A replacement nut. The badge is covered in opaque varnish.