White metal, Steinhauer Lüdenscheid, Germany, 41mm x 41mm
Out of stock
A two-piece badge, made in the shape of an isosceles Maltese cross. The shape of a Crusader tank is superimposed on the cross. In the center of the tank there is an embossed number (1). The reverse of the badge is smooth with a visible fastening post,.
Version made by Steinhauer in Lüdenscheid, allied occupied Germany circa 1945/46.
The 1st Armored Regiment was part of the 1st Armored Division of General Maczek. The Regiment fought in France in Normandy, including the battles for Hill 262 (Maczuga), then in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. The badge belonged to a regiment’s second lieutenant.