pre-WW2 Polish Air Force wz.36 Eagle Cap BadgeJune 20, 2019
pre-WW2 Polish Military Compass wz. K.M 32,June 22, 2019
WW1 Polish Breast Badge of 1st Legion Brigade “For faithful service”
32.5 mm diameter, Steel, 1916-1918, J Chyliński Warsaw
Out of stock
One-piece badge in the shape of a circle with an inscribed isosceles cross. The obverse of the badge is round, with an isosceles cross with widening arms. In the center of the cross, a slightly convex shield with a relief image of a crowned eagle.On the arms of the Cross visible letters, on the horizontal arms there are letters (J. P) – Józef Piłsudski’s initials, on the vertical arms the number 1 and the letters Br denoting the 1st Brigade.
Reverse with a clear die counter, in the center there is a threaded post with the original spinner with the impressed maker “J Chyliński Warszawa”
The first version of the badge, made of steel during the operation of the 1st Brigade of Legions during the First World War. A rare collector’s item.
The badge of the 1st Brigade of Legions was established on August 6, 1916 by order of the Commander Józef Piłsudski on the 2nd anniversary of the departure of the First Cadre Company to the Kingdom of Poland. The designer of the badge was Wojciech Jastrzębowski, artist, painter, professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, and a legionnaire from the 1st Infantry Regiment.